General data protection regulation (GDPR)
Information we collect
To fulfil your order you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also provide us with additional personal information (for personalisation purposes, for example), if you contact us directly or via our website.
Why we need your information and how we use it.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer service.
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information sharing and disclosure.
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our business, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Compliance with laws.
We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
We retain all email correspondence received in order to look back at previous orders should you have breakages or similar requests.
We may also use your personal information in order for us to occassionally send you tickets for events in your area. Your name, email, telephone number & address is kept on our website database permenantly if orders are placed purely for our statistical use only. Any merchant copy credit cards receipts are kept by us for the legally minimum amount of time. In the event of us receiving a postal payment or request any accompanying correspondance is shredded after fulfilment.
Transfers of personal information outside the EU.
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. This will ordinarily only be when having website issues that need resolving with our website management in the US.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below. We have procedures in place to provide this information very quickly.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
For purposes of EU data protection law, we CStar Design, are the data controller of your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com